Saturday, April 6, 2013

Choe's HapKiDo Karate Junior Instructor speech about Fire Safety for Children

Here is a speech given by one of our Junior Instructors named Siddharth. Siddharth is a Junior Instructor, a leader at the Kids Martial Arts School in Cumming GA. He gave this speech  about Fire Safety to his peers at a Choe's HapKiDo Karate Belt Test. Part of being a Junior Instructor is learning to be more confident and being able to speak in front of an audience!  


Fire safety



Hello. I’m Siddharth. Today I am going to talk about fire safety.


Fires are loud and hot, and the smoke makes it very dark.
Fires hurt and destroy things in your home.You and your family
can help make your home safer.

This is important because we want to keep each other safe. Bad things could happen when we don’t know how to prevent the bad things or what to do when it happens.In this case the bad thing is a fire.Here are a few ways to keep you and your family safe from a fire.


Never keep anything over a lamp like clothes or a blanket
because the heat could cause them to catch fire.Never
heat up metal especially tinfoil because tinfoil is also a
paper and could catch fire and metal heated up could
cause other things to get hot.Don’t stand too close to the
fireplace because you could get burned or your clothes
could catch fire.Don’t play with electrical cords or electrical
sockets because they could shock you which would heat up
your body and your clothes which could catch fire.Those
are some ways to keep safe from fire.

Now if your house were to catch fire here
are ways to keep safe.It is important to get out fast.Don’t take
any time to gather belongings.You should make an escape plan
before a fire starts any way with signals you can make so your
family knows where you are when this might happen.Also you
can know if fire is in a room b feeling the door.If the door is hot
then there is fire in that room.And always stay down in a fire
because smoke rises in a fire and the safest air is low air.
those are some ways to stay safe in a fire.